It is a security best practice to change your password every three months, or whenever you think your security may have been compromised. To do this, first navigate to the “Account” section of Way We Do.
- Click on the Person icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select "Account" from the drop down menu.
Once on the "My Details" screen, click the tab titled "Update Password".
- Fill in the correct information in the boxes.
- Click "Update Password" to save your changes.
Tips for Selecting a New Password
Statistics show that a dedicated hacker can decode a simple password in under three minutes. To protect your Way We Do account and all of the personal information it contains, we recommend you follow these password selection guidelines.
- Your password should be more than ten characters long.
- For maximum effectiveness, it should contain a mix of numbers, letters and special characters.
- Your password should not contain any personally identifying information (i.e. names, birth dates, anniversaries, etc.)
One way to create a memorable password that is nearly impossible to crack is to start with a favourite quote or saying and change it.
For example, you could start with this quote, "Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it" - Irving Berlin
Change some of the letters or words into numbers and symbols and you end up with a very hard to guess password: L1f3is10%WhatYouMak3of1t&90%HowUTak3it